I have an astigmatism in my left eye and get eye strain with some devices and not others and would like to know if anyone can pinpoint the cause of the eye strain from a software/hardware point of view. Seems that most new apple devices give me eye strain now so thinking of switching to windows/android.
Devices that give me eye strain:
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
- 2019 MacBook Pro 13-inch (seems not to be all the time - might just be when the screen is dimmed)
- iPad mini (older version - version 2 I think)
- Non-retina MacBook Air
Devices that do not give me eye strain at all:
- MacBook Air 2019 (doesn't make any difference is screen is dimmed or not)
- Macbook 12 inch
- 2015 15 or 17 MacBook Pros
- MacBook Pro 2018 connected to external monitor (any retina monitor including LG, Dell and Asus)
- iPhone 7 or below (never had eye strain with a phone until the 11/11 Pro)
- Any other iPad (including the newer iPad mini) - seems it was just one iPad model that caused the problem (iPad mini version 2 I think)
Anyone know what the hardware/software features that are different on these devices that could be the cause of the eye strain?