Hello. As a programmer whose eyes are not young anymore (+1.5 glasses for working on the computer) I'm trying to figure out what monitor is right for me.
My wanted resolution (without scaling) is 2560x1440, and I have two very different monitors to play with:
- a dell ultrasharp 27" 2560x1440 IPS (p2720dc) anti-glare
- a dell gaming 32" curved 2560x1440 VA (s3220dgf) anti-glare
Now, the27" ips is nice and crisp and all, but it's on the small side for my eyes. So, black friday hits me with the 32" va which is big and curved and... blurry and strange when examined at pixel level:
- when contrast is low, pixels seem to be lit 1/3 of height, see atached photos
- when contrast is high, pixels seems to be 3/3 height
- both cases text appears to be as some strange type of blur
I'm trying to understand, is this normal or has this monitor a funny panel...?
Attached are photos of both IPS vs VA text, and high vs low VA contrast.