hpst Last month I gave I try to the latest one (HD) and returned it.
I'm in US, so I bought it from Amazon from SOL computers. This is the official US importer so we get support and 30 day free return.
The price is not 1K$ as on the China site, on Amazon it's ~1350 (extra 250% by SOL and 100$ sales tax).
- As there is no back light, you can't use the monitor in the morning neither in the evening without having lights on in the room.
- The drivers did not work good with OSX high sierra, you can install them but then whole Mac becames slwo. It works without driver tho!
- Each time you hit enter for new URL or open/close browser tab the monitor disconnected. This might be MAC problem only tho.
- It's not just inverted colors, many things became unreadable, for example you can't read what each tab says, they all just turn black.
- The extra pay for the HD was useless for me, it was too tiny to read so I still pick lower resolution
Since I discovered my chromebook semi solution (socks proxy to mac) during the same period and I was running both of them side by side, I noticed that I ended up using the Dasung very little.
Overall I think it's very last resort thing. It won't fix all the problems as it comes with it's own set of problems.
If it costed up to 500$ I would buy it and use for terminal and sublime but not for browsing.
If I end up re-evaluation it I won't go again for the HD, I'll go for the Paperlike 3 one which is 200$ cheaper since it's the older model.